Gluten free, dairy free, and full of delicious pumpkin flavor, these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Macaroons are easily portioned. Better yet? No mixer or food processor required!
- 2 cups unsweetened fine-shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(pinch) baking soda
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips ( I LOVE Enjoy Life )
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. To keep the bottoms from burning, place another cookie sheet under the first one.
- In a large bowl, combine together the coconut, spices, flour, salt and baking soda and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, mix together the pumpkin, coconut oil, sweetener and vanilla until just combined. Add the wet pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, gently mixing until it feels like cookie dough. There is no raw egg, so go ahead and taste. Adjust your seasonings as needed.
- Using a rounded tablespoon (measuring spoon), scoop up some dough, filling the spoon. Drag the spoon on the side of the bowl, gently packing the dough down and making the bottom of the cookies smooth and flat. Tap the spoon on the side of the bowl or on the cookie sheet to release it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden and crispy around the edges. Freeze for 15 minutes or so to prevent from breaking. Keep in your fridge and serve chilled.
- Makes about 20 cookies.
I’d count this as a yellow treat swap
- Serving Size: 3 cookies
Keywords: dessert, coconut, macaroons, cookies, treats, gluten-free, dairy-free