Italian chicken skillet is a one pan dish that is quick and easy to make, It tastes like a healthy version of chicken Parmesan.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breasts (1 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, 2 cups if you are serving this with zoodles or pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (2B Mindset can use low fat)
- 1 T of Parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil to an oven safe skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Saute chicken until fully cooked, flipping halfway, about 4 minutes on each side. If your chicken is thicker, it will require a longer cook time.
- Add in sliced garlic and saute for a minute; Stir in crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer for a few minutes while sauce thickens.
- Turn off the heat and top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Serve immediately!
Serving size: 1 chicken breast
1/4 GREEN 1 RED 3/4 BLUE (sprinkle some more parm cheese on top for a perfect BLUE)
Weight watchers FS points – 3 per serving
Keywords: italian, chicken, stove top, low-carb, high protein, gluten-free, grain-free