This 21 Day Fix Roasted Maple Acorn Squash dessert is healthy enough for breakfast or lunch, packing veggie AND protein power! No yellow treat swap needed.
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds.
- Brush oil on squash halves, then sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Drizzle each half with the maple syrup. Finish with a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Roast squash for 40 minutes or until tender.
- While squash is cooking, mix or whip ricotta with vanilla, almond milk, and a few drops of liquid stevia until ricotta becomes fluffy, adding more milk if necessary. Adjust sweetness level by adding more stevia, if necessary. Place ricotta mixture in the refrigerator.
- When squash is finished roasting, let it cool down for a few minutes. Then top each half with half of the ricotta mixture. Enjoy or chill for later (or tomorrow for breakfast).
1 serving = half of a squash with 1/2 of the filling
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1/2 RED, 1 TSP (per serving)
*coconut oil can be reduced or omitted altogether, using oil cooking spray instead
- Serving Size: 1 squash half
Keywords: breakfast, lunch, squash, dessert, maple, healthy dessert, grain-free, gluten-free, high fiber