Roasted Shrimp Cocktail is the perfect protein packed Thanksgiving or Holiday appetizer! You can enjoy this app and still have plenty of room to indulge in the rest of your holiday meal! Either grab a jar of your favorite cocktail sauce or make this homemade cranberry horseradish chutney for an added festive twist!
- 2 pounds (15- 18 count) raw shrimp, pealed and deveined with the tail still on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- zest from 1 lemon
Cranberry Chutney (optional- or use your favorite jarred cocktail sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 2 T water
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2 T honey
- 1 T horseradish (plus more to taste…I added an extra tsp)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cleaned shrimp on a sheet pan (I line mine with parchment for easy cleanup) and coat them with the olive oil. Sprinkle shrimp with salt, then roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest, then set aside to cool.
- For the sauce: heat cranberries and water over medium high heat until berries begin to burst, stirring consistently. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients, adjusting horseradish and seasonings to taste. Chill in the fridge before serving with shrimp.
Makes 6-8 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 RED just a smidge of PURPLE per serving
WW Freestyle: 3 points per serving
- Serving Size: about 5 shirmp
Keywords: shrimp, seafood, gluten-free, low-cal, appetizer, snack, side dish, holiday, seasonal