This 21 Day Fix Roasted Shrimp Cocktail with Cranberry Horseradish Chutney is the perfect protein packed Thanksgiving appetizer!
- 2 pounds (15- 18 count) raw shrimp, pealed and deveined with the tail still on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 2 T water
- 2 T tomato paste
- 2 T honey
- 1 T horseradish (plus more to taste…I added an extra tsp)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place cleaned shrimp on a sheet pan (I line mine with parchment for easy cleanup) and coat them with the olive oil. Sprinkle shrimp with salt, then roast for 8 to 10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest, then set aside to cool.
- For the sauce: heat cranberries and water over medium high heat until berries begin to burst, stirring consistently. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients, adjusting horseradish and seasonings to taste. Chill in the fridge before serving with shrimp.
Makes 6-8 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 RED just a smidge of PURPLE per serving
WW Freestyle: 3 points per serving
- Serving Size: about 5 shirmp
Keywords: shrimp, seafood, gluten-free, low-cal, appetizer, snack, side dish, holiday, seasonal