Baked Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti Squash is a delicious, healthier version of scampi. Make this squash noodles recipe for an easy pasta replacement for the 21 Day Fix, 2B Mindset, and WW!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked and shredded
- 1 1/4 lbs of shrimp
- 1 T plus 1 tsp of butter flavored olive oil, butter, vegan butter, or olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ shallot, diced
- 2 T fresh Italian parsley, diced
- 1 tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Balsamic Vinegar (optional – you can sub with extra lemon juice or regular balsamic)
- 1/2 slice of gluten free or whole wheat bread, pulsed in blender to make bread crumbs (optional)
- 2/3 cup of good Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic, shallots, 1 T parsley, salt, pepper, chicken broth and vinegar. Add shrimp and let sit for 20 min.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and cover the bottom with the cooked spaghetti squash.
- Pour the shrimp mixture over the top of the squash. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 deg. for 20 min or until the shrimp start to turn pink.
- If using the breadcrumbs, spray a small pan with olive oil spray and toast the breadcrumbs on medium heat for a few minutes until browned.
- Sprinkle casserole pan with breadcrumbs and the remaining cheese and bake for another 5-10 min.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining parsley over the top.
Serves 4 –
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1 tsp, trace YELLOW (per serving)
WW: Green- 5 points; Blue – 4 points; Purple- 4 points (per serving)
- Serving Size: 1/4 of pan
Keywords: dinner, seafood, shrimp, pasta, spaghetti squash, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, high protein