Get all the flavors of lasagna with this low carb, 21 Day Fix Spaghetti Squash Lasagna dish! It’s gluten-free, grain-free, keto friendly and perfect for anyone who wants to indulge in delicious pasta dinners without the carbs.
- olive oil cooking spray [I use my EVO]
- 1 lb of spicy Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups of homemade tomato sauce
- 1 cooked spaghetti squash (about 4 cups of squash)
- 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 T parmesan cheese
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Spray a pan with olive oil cooking spray, saute onion until soft. Add turkey sausage and brown until cooked through. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Discard seeds from the squash and use a fork to remove your “spaghetti.” To remove excess moisture from the squash, place it in a clean kitchen towel and give it a squeeze. Then season the squash with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir an egg, parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of pepper into the ricotta.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Spray a casserole dish with a olive oil cooking spray and begin the layering process.
- First, spoon about half of your sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Next, add the cooked sausage. Layer spaghetti squash over the sausage then add the rest of the sauce and some fresh chopped basil.
- Finally, top sauce with the ricotta cheese mixture and then add the shredded mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melty and bubbly – about 15-20 mins. To brown the cheese, broil on low for 5-10 minutes at the end, but watch carefully. It sneaks up on you!
- Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes. If there is excess water at the bottom of your pan, you can carefully try to drain it out from the corner of the pan or serve with a slotted spoon.
- Garnish with fresh basil before serving!
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 1/2 RED, 1/2 BLUE, 1 1/2 GREEN (per serving)
WW: Green – 12 points, Blue – 10 points, Green – 10 points (per serving) *If you want to reduce the amount of points, you can use 99% fat free turkey in place of the turkey sausage. Then G=8, B=6, P=6 points per serving. [Calculated using part skim ricotta and low fat cheese]
- Serving Size: 1/4 of pan
Keywords: 21 Day Fix Lasagna, 2B Mindset Lasagna, 21 Day Fix Spaghetti Squash Lasagna, 2B Mindset Spaghetti Squash Lasagna, Low Carb Lasagna, Keto Lasagna, Spaghetti Squash Dinners, Spaghetti Squash Lasagna