Grill up some delicious flavors with this Spinach and Strawberry Caprese Salad. Balsamic glaze brings the tastes of summer together for a simple, beautiful salad!
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
- 1/2 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups of diced strawberries
- 2/3 cup of fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- fresh basil
- optional – liquid stevia
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced by half. If you want, you can add a couple drops of liquid stevia. Remove and set glaze aside.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill 3-5 minutes on the first side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. Flip chicken and cook through. Remove from heat.
- Divide fresh spinach onto salad plates and top with chicken. Then divide strawberries and mozzarella between the salads. Add some fresh basil and a drizzle of the balsamic glaze.
makes 4 salads
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, 1/2 PURPLE each
WW Freestyle: 3 points per salad (calculated using part skim cheese)
- Serving Size: 1 salad
Keywords: caprese, italian, salad, side, appetizer, gluten-free, grain-free, lunch