Perfectly portioned Lasagna Roll Ups use poultry sausage, frozen spinach, and 3 cheeses to make a crowd pleasing dinner! Do yourself a favor and make a double batch- they freeze well!
- 8 whole wheat or gf lasagna noodles
- olive oil spray
- 1 pound ground sweet Italian chicken sausage (don’t like? Use lean ground beef or turkey)
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 8 oz part skim ricotta or cottage cheese (I used cottage cheese and it was GREAT!)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and fresh pepper
- sprinkle of crushed red pepper (optional)
- homemade or no sugar added tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook lasagna noodles al-dente
- While noodles are cooking, spray pan with olive oil spray and cook sausage until browned and no pink remains. Remove from heat, drain, and let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine cooked sausage, spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, HALF of the mozzarella, egg, salt, black and red pepper (if using) in a medium bowl.
- Place a piece of wax or parchment paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. If necessary, pat noodles dry with paper toweling.
- Add 1 cup of sauce to the bottom of a 9×12 baking dish
- Take about 1/3 cup of sausage mixture and spread evenly over one noodle. Repeat until all noodles are covered. Roll each noodle carefully and place seam side down into the baking dish.
- Ladle more sauce over top the roll ups in the baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese over noodles.
- Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese melts. Uncover for the last few minutes if desired.
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 1/4 RED, 3/4 GREEN, 1 BLUE, 1 YELLOW per 2 rolls
WW Blue Plan: 11 points per 2 rolls (using 99% fat free ground turkey) or 14 points per 2 rolls (using sweet Italian Chicken sausage)
- Serving Size: 2 roll ups
Keywords: lasagna, italian, pasta, dinner, chicken, gluten-free, sausage, poultry