- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 T cumin
- 1 T honey (or slightly more to taste)
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- Spray pan with cooking spray and sauté the onions and peppers until tender. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add meat to the same skillet and cook through.
- Next, add spices, honey, tomatoes, and paste to the pan.
- Simmer all together on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut sweet potato in half and mash each side a bit to form bowls. Divide sloppy joe mixture over each half.
- Top with cheese if you have leftover BLUE in your day, or eat it plain. Yummy either way!
1 YELLOW, 1 GREEN, 1 RED, (optional blue!)