Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a crowd pleasing dinner with a healthy twist on an old favorite comfort food!
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp honey (or slightly more to taste)
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
- Optional- shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray pan with cooking spray and sauté the onions and peppers until tender. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add meat to the same skillet and cook through.
- Next, add spices, honey, tomatoes, and paste to the pan.
- Simmer all together on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut sweet potato in half and mash each side a bit to form bowls. Divide sloppy joe mixture over each half.
- Top with cheese if you have leftover BLUE in your day, or eat it plain. Yummy either way!
Makes 4 servings – 1/4 of entire skillet over 1/2 sweet potato
21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW, 1 GREEN, 1 RED, optional BLUE (per serving)
WW link for personal points: Sloppy Joe Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Keywords: turkey, dinner, sloppy joes, poultry, sweet potatoes, gluten-free, grain-free, high protein, low-fat