Sloppy Joes stuffed sweet potatoes are a 21 Day Fix that the whole family will love to eat.
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs honey (or slightly more to taste)
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- Spray pan with cooking spray and sauté the onions and peppers until tender. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add meat to the same skillet and cook through.
- Next, add spices, honey, tomatoes, and paste to the pan.
- Simmer all together on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut sweet potato in half and mash each side a bit to form bowls. Divide sloppy joe mixture over each half.
- Top with cheese if you have leftover BLUE in your day, or eat it plain. Yummy either way!
Serving size- 1/4 of entire skillet over 1/2 sweet potato.
1 YELLOW, 1 GREEN, 1 RED, (optional blue!)
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points (no cheese, using 93% lean ground turkey) 7 points per serving
Keywords: turkey, dinner, sloppy joes, poultry, sweet potatoes, gluten-free, grain-free, high protein, low-fat