Garden vegetable goodness is what you’ll find in this 21 Day Fix frittata. Farm fresh eggs and healthy veggies are packed in this delicious baked egg dish.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup of diced zucchini
- 1 cup of sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 T fresh chopped basil
- 4 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup Parmesean cheese blend, shaved or shredded
- Sprinkle of salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in onion and cook until slightly golden, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add zucchini, increase heat to medium-high. Season with salt and pepper and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, and 1/2 of cheese.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet, making sure they cover all the vegetables. Add tomatoes and basil.
- When the edges begin to set (about 2-3 minutes in), top with the rest of the cheese. Move skillet to oven. Cook about 16 to 18 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked.
- Cut into 4 pieces and serve warm.
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE, ~1 RED
WW Freestyle: 3 points per serving
Keywords: breakfast, frittata, oven, eggs, vegetables, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb