These Asian Chicken Meatballs are so quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot. Filled with gingery goodness and topped with a sweet and savory sauce, they are perfect for lunch, dinner, or an app at your next party!
- Cooking oil spray
- 1lb ground chicken (98% fat free for WW)
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 1 egg
- 2 T minced green onions
- 1 T minced ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ cup of matchstick carrots, diced up small
- ¼ cup gluten free or whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp sea or Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 tsp coconut oil (use 1 tsp for WW)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 T finely chopped ginger
- a dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp gluten-free flour (sub arrowroot or tapioca for paleo, sub whole wheat if no other dietary restrictions)
Using your hands, gently mix ingredients for meatballs. Begin forming the meatballs and place on a plate or tray. You should be able to make 16 meatballs total, depending on the size. You can also make smaller, cocktail size meatballs, if you wish, by using a melon baller.
Mix the ingredients for sauce, except for the flour, and set aside.
Set IP to saute and spray liberally with cooking oil. Brown meatballs in batches. If your meatballs are sticking too much, add in some coconut or olive oil.
After the meatballs are browned, deglaze the pot with some water and return the meatballs to the pot and cover with sauce. Set IP to 10 minutes. After cook time, do a 5 minute natural release.
Remove meatballs and make a slurry by mixing the flour and ¼ cup of the remaining liquid. Set instant pot to saute and add in slurry, stirring until sauce thickens.
Serve in bowls with cauli rice, rice, and/or veggies!
Bake Meatballs at 350 for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Mix with sauce
Cook on 400 for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. Mix with sauce
Add sauce and meatballs to your slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours
21 Day Fix Container Count for 4 meatballs and sauce – 1 Red, 1/2 tsp, 2 sweetener tsp
WW: 6 blue plan points – see ingredient list for modifications for WW
- Serving Size: 4 Meatballs and Sauce