If you’re trying to ease up on your carb intake but still eat delicious and hearty meals, then this recipe for low carb eggplant parm is for you! Made with only six simple ingredients, this dish is sure to be one of your new favorite easy dinner ideas.
3 pounds of eggplant (I like smaller ones because the big ones tend to have a lot of seeds)
2 ⅓ c Jarred Tomato sauce or homemade tomato sauce
Olive oil cooking spray or 2 tsp olive oil
1 2/3 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- Slice the eggplant into ¼ inch thick rounds and lay them on paper towels. Sprinkle slices with a few pinches of salt and let the eggplant slices sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Using a paper towel, blot the eggplant and absorb the moisture they released and wipe off excess salt.
- Transfer eggplant to sheet pans covered in parchment paper. It’s ok if they overlap slightly. Brush both sides with olive oil, season with pepper and a pinch of salt, then bake for 20 minutes, turning halfway through until eggplant is golden.
- Put ⅔ cup sauce on the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish, add 1/3 of eggplant to cover the bottom of the dish. Spoon 1/2 cup of the sauce on the eggplant, then sprinkle with 1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 T parmesan. Add another layer of eggplant and repeat ½ cup of sauce, ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese and 1 T parmesan. Put the final layer of eggplant on top and cover with 2/3 cup of sauce, 1 cup of mozzarella, and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and everything is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Switch to broil for an additional 2-3 minutes of cook time to brown the cheese, if desired.
- Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before cutting into six servings. Garnish with fresh basil and extra parmesan cheese.
21 Day Fix Containers: 2 GREEN, 1 BLUE
WW: Green, Blue, & Purple – 6 points (per serving) [Calculated using Rao’s sauce & part skim mozzarella cheese)
- Serving Size: 1/6 of pan
Keywords: Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan, Keto Eggplant Parmesan, Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan, Baked Eggplant Parmesan, Healthy Eggplant Parmesan