This Instant Pot Berry Crisp is the perfect end of summer healthy dessert. Gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free, you can even eat this Mixed Berry Crisp for breakfast and feel totally ok about it! Want a blueberry crisp? Just use all blueberries! No Instant Pot? This Vegan Berry Crumble can be made in the oven, too! It’s super versatile and super delicious.
6 cups fresh or frozen berries (if using strawberries, be sure to slice first)
4 ½ Tbsp honey or maple syrup, divided
1–2 Tbsp arrowroot flour or corn starch (optional…this is to thicken the berries. I often leave this out)
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup of Gluten Free Rolled Oats
1/2 cup of Almond Flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/4 tsp salt
- In a medium Instant Pot safe bowl (like my fave casserole dish), combine berries with 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and arrowroot (if using).
- Combine honey/maple syrup with the melted coconut oil by whisking until smooth. Tip – if your maple syrup is cold, leave it out for a bit before combining, otherwise your coconut oil will solidify.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, almond flour, cinnamon and salt together. Then pour the maple syrup/honey/coconut oil into the oat mixture and combine. Place crisp topping over berry mixture.
- Add one cup of water to the steel insert of the Instant Pot, then place trivet insert (or sling) in the bottom. Cover casserole dish with foil, then lay on top of trivet. Set IP for 4 minutes on manual/pressure cook. **If your berries are frozen, cook for 7 minutes.
- After cook time, do a quick release.
- In the meantime, preheat oven to broil or grab your CrispLid. When it’s safe to remove the dish from the Instant Pot, place it under the broiler for a few minutes, or until the topping begins to crisp. Watch them carefully, and remove just as the crisp topping starts to brown. I used my crisp lid on 450! Worked amazingly!
- Let the Crisp sit and rest for around ten minutes before eating. Enjoy by itself or with coconut cream!
- Prepare crisp following steps 1-3 above.
- Bake on 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
Keywords: berry crisp, instant pot berry crisp, mixed berry crisp, blueberry crisp, healthy berry crisp, vegan berry crisp