This Instant Pot Chicken Curry Recipe with Rice is so simple to make and tastes just like takeout! Gluten free, dairy free and packed with nutrients from hidden veggies, it’s perfect for an easy lunch, dinner, or meal prep!
2 tsp avocado or coconut oil
2–3 cloves of garlic
1 T + yellow curry powder
1 cup brown rice
1 1/4 cup chicken broth or stock
2 + cups of frozen butternut squash
1lb boneless chicken tenders or chicken thighs, diced
1/3 cup Coconut milk
Garnish with green onion + cilantro if you have them (I didn’t!)
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add in avocado oil, garlic, and ginger. Saute until fragrant. Season chicken with a sprinkle of salt and add to pot. Stir and add in curry powder.
- Stir in rice, butternut squash and chicken broth. Lock lid and set for 22 minutes. After cook time do a 10 minute natural release.
- After the natural release, remove the rest of the steam and stir in coconut milk. Adjust seasonings to taste. Garnish with green onion or cilantro and serve with green beans.
- Cook rice according to the directions on the package, but using broth instead of water.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooktime, add in your butternut squash. Don’t stir until rice is cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, add oil to a pan and saute garlic and ginger. Add in seasoned diced chicken and saute until cooked through. Add in curry powder. When rice is cooked, combine it with the chicken and stir in the coconut milk. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
21 Day Fix Container Count: 1 yellow, 1 red, 1/2 green, 1/2 tsp, 1/4 blue
WW Points: green plan – 10 points, blue – 8 points, purple – 3 points
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
Keywords: curry chicken, chicken curry recipe, chicken curry with rice, instant pot chicken curry