This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is packed with feel better ingredients like ginger, turmeric, garlic, and comforting gluten-free noodles. Kid friendly and the perfect soup to eat when you are sick (or trying to avoid getting sick).
2 tsp olive or avocado oil
1 small yellow onion or 1/2 of a large, diced
2 cups of diced carrots
1 cup of diced celery
5 cloves of garlic, minced
2–3 T of chopped fresh ginger (I add even more bc I am obsessed !!)
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1 lb of boneless chicken breast tenderloins, chicken breasts, or chicken thighs
6 cups of low sodium chicken broth
juice of 1/2 lemon (optional – if you really like lemon flavor, you can add some lemon zest, too!)
gluten-free egg noodles (I use 4 “nests” of this brand) or gluten free noodle shape of your choice
fresh herbs – parsley, thyme, oregano are my favorites
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add in oil. Stir in onions, carrots, and celery and saute until fragrant. Add in ginger and garlic and saute for an additional minute.
- Add chicken, broth, and turmeric powder to the Instant Pot. Lock lid and set for 15 minutes on the manual/pressure cook setting. After the 15 minutes, do a quick release. **See tips if you are using bone-in chicken or frozen chicken.
- After quick release, taste soup and add in salt/pepper to taste (I do about 1/2 tsp of each). Add lemon juice, if using. Remove chicken and add in pasta if you are cooking it right in your Instant Pot. Remember – you can also cook it separately!
- You have two options for the pasta
- Lock lid and set for 2 minutes on manual (this is for gluten free egg noodles – whole wheat would be 0 minutes)
- Or set IP to saute and boil your pasta until it’s cooked. This typically takes about 5-6 minutes.
- While your pasta is cooking, shred your chicken with two forks.
- After pasta is finished, add in your chicken back into the pot. Give everything a stir and a taste – adjusting seasonings and adding fresh herb if desired!
21 Day Fix Containers – 1/2 to 1 Yellow (depending on how many noodles you use – see info in the post!), 1 red, 1 green, 1/2 tsp
WW Purple plan: 2 points with 1 cup of noodles per pot (1/4 cup per bowl)/ 4 points with 2 cups of noodles per pot (1/2 cup of noodles per bowl)
WW Green plan: 5 points with 1 cup of noodles per pot (1/4 cup per bowl)/ 7 points with 2 cups of noodles per pot (1/2 cup of noodles per bowl)
WW Blue plan: 3 points with 1 cup of noodles per pot (1/4 cup per bowl)/ 5 points with 2 cups of noodles per pot (1/2 cup of noodles per bowl)
- Serving Size: 2 1/4 cups
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Easy Chicken Noodle Soup, Gluten-free Chicken Noodle Soup, The best chicken noodle soup recipe