Kung Pao Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1.5 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2.5 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic paste or sub sriracha, to taste (I used 1/2 tsp and then added more at the end to my bowl)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tsp of grated or minced ginger
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
Chicken and Veggie Ramen Stir Fry
- 2 brown rice ramen noodle cakes
- hot tap water
- 3 tsp olive oil or coconut oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of sliced bell peppers (I used 2 green peppers)
- 1/2 cup of sliced yellow onions
- 1–2 tablespoons of water
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger, minced
Place the two ramen noodle cakes in a bowl and cover with very hot tap water – not boiling, just very hot. Set aside.
Whisk together ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
In a large skillet, add 1 1/2 tsp of oil, then add your stir fry veggies cooking over medium low heat until tender. If necessary, add 1-2 T of water to help the veggies soften. Remove veggies from pan.
Add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté chicken until cooked through. Season with salt, then add in garlic and ginger, cooking for a minute or until fragrant. Add veggies back to pan.
Drain noodles and gently pull them apart. Add noodles to the pan with the chicken and veggies. Top with sauce and cook everything together for 1-2 minutes or until hot and the sauce begins to thicken.
Divide the skillet into 4 equal servings.
Top with additional chili paste if desired!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of Skillet