These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins never last a day in my house, they are that good! Also dairy free and perfect for the 21 Day Fix…just be sure you hide some before your family eats them all!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free 1-1 baking flour or all purpose flour (you can sub whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk (almond milk or whatever you prefer)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated fresh zucchini (you do not need to wring out the zucchini)
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- ***optional if you zucchini is super watery – 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats (I have made them with and without and love them both ways, maybe without a little more. With the oats, the muffins rise more, without they are a little more moist but could border on too moist for some. Your call!)
- Heat oven to 350°F and add prepare a muffin tin with parchment liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract until combined. Pour this mixture into the dry ingredient mixture, and stir gently with a spoon until just combined – be careful not to overmix!
- Stir in the zucchini. If you want to add the optional oats, add them in, too.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin and cook for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer pan to a cooling rack and enjoy slightly cooled. Store in a sealed container for a few days, or freeze.
21 Day Fix Container Counts: 1 Yellow (1/2 Yellow Swap if you use choc chips, 1 oil/healthy fat tsp, 2 tsp sweetener tsp
- Serving Size: 1 muffin