Healthy Banana Bread with a Festive Fall twist! This 21 Day Fix Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Banana Bread is dairy, gluten, refined sugar free, oil free, and yet full of good for you fiber. It’s our family’s new favorite pumpkin flavored treat!
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Old Fashioned Oats
1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
2/3 cup of mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small or 1 1/2 large ripe bananas)
2/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or sub whatever milk you have on hand)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
optional mix-in: 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or grease well with coconut oil or coconut oil spray.
- Place oats in your food processor or blender and pulse until you have a fine flour. Measure and be sure you have two cups of flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk the honey, vanilla, and pumpkin together together. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and almond milk.
- In a smaller bowl, mix baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Then fold in the flour, mixing just until the batter is combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips if you are using them.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Slice bread into 8 equal slices
1 slice of bread with chocolate chips = 1 yellow treat swap, 1/2 purple
1 slice of bread with no chocolate chips = 3/4 yellow, 1/2 purple, 2 SWEETENER tsps
- Serving Size: 1 slice
Keywords: Pumpkin bread, healthy pumpkin bread, pumpkin banana bread, 21 day fix pumpkin bread, gluten free pumpkin bread