Butternut Squash is quintessential for a fall and winter menu! Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, this versatile squash is perfect for both savory and sweet recipes. The down side? It can be a little tricky to cut into and prep. Not anymore! With this Instant Pot hack, I’ll show you how to cut (and peel!) butternut squash and keep all your fingers, too!
1 whole butternut squash
1 cup of water
- Place your whole Butternut Squash in your Instant Pot along with 1 cup of water.
- Cook on manual/high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Let it cool for a few minutes – it will be super hot!
- Remove from the Instant Pot. Peel, then slice your squash down the center. Slice the squash into cubes to roast or use it in a myriad of recipes!
How to Roast Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the squash cubes on the baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Roast 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
21 DAY FIX: 1 cup of butternut squash is 1 GREEN
Keywords: How to cut butternut squash, how to peel butternut squash