This Instant Pot Stuffing with Brown Rice and Sausage is the perfect easy and delicious Thanksgiving side! This Gluten free stuffing is also dairy-free, 21 Day Fix approved, and includes weight watcher points. Perfect to eat as a filling and healthy dinner during cooler weather too!
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups organic chicken stock or broth
- 1 lb raw sweet Italian chicken or turkey sausage, casing removed
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 container sliced fresh mushrooms (I used baby bellas)
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Set Instant Pot to saute and add 2 tsp of olive olive to the bottom of the inner liner. Add chicken sausage to pan to brown. Once cooked through, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tsp of olive oil to pot and add onions and celery. Season with some salt and pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes or until onions start to turn translucent. Add in mushrooms and season again. Saute for an additional 2-4 minutes or until the mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add sausage back to the pot and stir in the rice and broth. Cover pot and set to 22 minutes on manual, high pressure. When cook time is up, do a ten minute natural release before switching over to quick release.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Containers- as a side: 1 yellow, 1/2 red, 1/2 green; as a dinner: 2 yellows, 1 red, 1 green
Weight Watchers Freestyle- as a side: 5 points; as a dinner: 10 points
- Serving Size: 2/3 cup (side); 1 1/3 cup (dinner)
Keywords: side dish, dinner, stuffing, sausage, instant pot, thanksgiving, holiday, gluten-free, dairy-free