All the flavors of your favorite Beef Enchiladas, this Instant Pot Enchilada Pasta is the perfect weeknight pasta dish for the whole family! 21 Day Fix Containers and WW Points included, of course!
1lb lean grass fed ground beef (or sub ground turkey or ground chicken)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons chili powder, or more to taste
sprinkle of salt
1/2 diced red onion
2 bell peppers diced (any color)
2 garlic cloves, diced
1 (8 or 10 oz) small can of tomato sauce
1 (15oz) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
¼ cup of water
1 ½ cups of gluten free brown rice pasta (penne, ziti, spirals all work well)
⅔– 1 ⅓ cup freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese (i used a full cup and then added more on top)
fresh cilantro for garnish
- Set Instant Pot to saute and brown ground beef until almost cooked through.
- Add in onion and bell pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and seasonings
- Layer pasta on top of meat and veggie mixture, but do not stir. Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, water, and tomato sauce on top of pasta and smooth it out a bit to cover the noodles.
- Cook for 3 minutes on manual and then quick release.
- Stir in 2/3- 1 1/3 cup of sharp cheddar cheddar cheese and place the lid on for a few minutes to allow it to melt. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
- Cook pasta according to the instructions on the box.
- In a large pan, saute and brown ground beef until almost cooked through. Add in onion and bell pepper and cook until tender. Stir in garlic and seasonings.
- Add the diced tomatoes with green chilies, water, and tomato sauce.
- When pasta is finished cooking, drain well and add to meat and veggie mixture. Stir in cheese and mix until it’s all melted.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW, 1 RED, 1 1/2 GREEN, 1/2-1 BLUE (per serving) [2/3 cup cheese = 1/2 blue per serving and 1 1/3 cup = a full blue per serving]
WW link for personal points: Enchilada Pasta
- Serving Size: 1 2/3 cups
Keywords: Healthy Instant Pot Recipes, Instant Pot Pasta Recipes, Instant Pot Enchiladas, Beef Enchiladas, Enchilada Pasta