Like a Low Carb Hamburger Helper, this Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheeseburger “Mac” is pure comfort food with a healthy veggie twist!
- 1 lb lean grass fed ground beef
- 1 small to medium head of cauliflower, green leaves cut off, stem still intact.
- 4 tsp of rice flour (or flour of your choice – almond flour is best for keto)
- 4 tsp butter, vegan butter, or ghee
- 1 cup of unsweetened original almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (use Daiya or Violife for dairy free!)
- Himalayan salt
- Place head of cauliflower on trivet and add in one cup of water to the IP. Set to steam for ZERO minutes.
- After pot comes to pressure, it will beep and and turn to warm (since you set it for 0 minutes). You can Quick Release right away.
- Carefully remove cauliflower. Cut into little florets and set aside.
- Drain water from IP and dry completely. Set to saute and add in ground beef. Brown until cooked through. Remove meat and set aside with the cauliflower florets.
- Wipe out IP and add in butter. Melt butter and whisk in the flour. Slowly whisk in the almond milk, and continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken.
- Once thickened, remove steel pot from IP base (essentially removing the heat) and stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese until fully melted, adding salt to taste.
- Combine beef, cauliflower, and cheese sauce together and mix well. Top with remaining cheese and place back in the IP on warm. Place cover back on pot until the cheese topping melts and starts to bubble. If necessary, place back on saute for this to happen. Enjoy!
21 Day Fix- 1 RED, 1 GREEN, 1 BLUE, 1 tsp per serving
WW Freestyle- 5 points per serving (calculated with 95% beef, and 50% less fat cheddar cheese)