This Instant Pot Turkey Breast Recipe is the quickest way to juicy, perfectly cooked turkey and delicious homemade gravy. Depending on the size of your breast, you can even make Instant Pot Turkey Breast and Potatoes in the same pot! Great for a small Thanksgiving Dinner, or anytime you want homemade comfort food in an Instant!
4–6 pound bone-in turkey breast
2 cups of broth or water
1 large or 2 small onions
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2–3 whole cloves of garlic
1–2 stalks of celery, cut in half
2 teaspoons of olive oil
4–5 potatoes, cut in half or quartered
2 T vegan butter or ghee (WW can sub 2T butter), add more to taste
2 tsp coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
2T thickener or flour of choice
- Optional Dry Brine – Take your Turkey Breast out of the packaging and place on a large pan or platter. Dry well, then rub 1 ½ teaspoons of coarse kosher salt on the inside cavity of the turkey breast, then an additional 1 ½ teaspoons over outside of the breast. Allow to rest in the fridge overnight.
- The day of cooking, remove turkey breast from the refrigerator. Sprinkle garlic powder, paprika and poultry seasoning on the skin of your turkey. If you didn’t brine, rub a teaspoon of salt on the outside of the bird and sprinkle additional salt in the inside. If you dry brined your turkey, skip the salt.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and add 1 tsp of olive oil to the bottom of the inner liner. Roughly chop your onions and add half to the bottom of your pot. Saute until fragrant, then add the celery and garlic. Saute for 2 more minutes. Add 1 ½ – 2 cups of broth to the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place turkey, BREAST SIDE DOWN, on your silicone sling. Stuff the inner cavity with remaining onion, garlic, and fresh thyme. Add potatoes, if using, next to the Turkey. Cook for 6 minutes per pound and allow for a 15 minute natural release before releasing the remaining pressure. **If your Turkey Breast is still frozen, cook for 12 minutes per pound, and allow for a 15 minute natural release before releasing the remaining pressure. **see notes
- For Potatoes: remove from and add to a ceramic bowl. Mash, adding 2T of vegan butter, ghee, or butter and a sprinkle of salt. If necessary, add in some additional broth. Taste and add additional salt or butter if desired.
- Set oven to broil, then after cook time, carefully lift turkey out of the instant pot and onto a roasting pan or baking dish, breast side up. Brush skin with 1 tsp of olive oil and broil until skin is crisp and golden, rotating as necessary. Do NOT leave your turkey unattended or it will likely burn! Also – this step is totally optional!! Your breast will be delicious without it (unless you love to eat the skin)
- To make the gravy, strain the liquid from the instant pot and reserve at least 2 ½ cups and place back in the instant pot. Add 2 teaspoons of coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce. Set to saute. Remove ¼ cup of cooking broth and stir in 2 T of thickener or flour. Whisk this “slurry” into your cooking liquid and stir frequently, cooking until thickened. If your gravy isn’t getting thick enough, repeat “slurry” step until desired thickness.
**As always, using a digital meat thermometer to ensure properly cook meat is best! You want your turkey breast to be at least 165 degrees before eating. Just remember your turkey will continue to cook as it rests up to 5-10 degrees more.
Turkey – 21 Day Fix: 1 RED (per 3/4 c. turkey); WW: Green – 2 points, Blue – Zero points, Purple – Zero points (per 5 oz. turkey)
Potatoes – 21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW, 1 TSP (per 1/2 c. potatoes); WW: Green – 4 points, Blue – 4 points, Purple – 3 points (per 1/2 c. potatoes)
Keywords: Instant Pot Turkey Breast, Instant Pot Turkey Breast and Potatoes, How to Make Instant Pot Turkey Breast, Instant Pot Turkey Breast Video, Instant Pot Turkey Breast Cooktime