This Low Carb Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole made with cauliflower rice is one of our new favorite dinners for the 21 Day Fix and for 2B Mindset!
- 2 cups of cauliflower rice, thawed if frozen (although I have done it from frozen in a pinch!)
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 lb of chicken tenderloins, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 tsp of rice flour or gf flour blend
- 4 tsp vegan butter or ghee
- 1 cup of unsweetened original almond milk
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (use Daiya for dairy free!)
- Himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a casserole dish with cooking oil. Add cauliflower rice to the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Next, add the chicken and, again, sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Add in broccoli next. Set casserole dish aside.
- For the cheese sauce, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk together. Slowly whisk in the almond milk, and continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken. Once thickened, remove sauce from heat and stir in 1 cup of cheddar cheese until fully melted, adding salt to taste.
- Pour cheese sauce over casserole, using a rubber spatula or spoon to spread out the cheese. Top with remaining cheese and place in the oven for 45 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Set to a low broil to brown the cheese for 4-5 minutes before removing from the oven.
21 Day Fix Containers- 1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 tsp per serving
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points – 6 (low fat cheese) or 8 (full fat cheese) per serving
- Serving Size: 1/4 of casserole dish