Whip up a huge batch of comfort food with Momma’s Meatloaf- a recipe that’s been in my family forever! Gluten free, 21 Day Fix approved, and WW friendly- I can’t wait for you to share it with your loved ones!
For the Meatloaf
- 2lbs of lean, grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs (we use gluten free)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cup of shredded pecorino romano, plus more for topping (Locatelli brand is the best)
- 1 tsp of dry parsley or 1 T freshly chopped parsley
- 2 T of tomato sauce, plus an addional cup for topping
- 4 cups of thinly sliced potatoes
- 4 cups of thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a 9×13 baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Mix all ingredients for meatloaf by hand, then shape into two loaves.
- Place loaves in baking dish. Top each with loaf with 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and 2 T of cheese.
- Arrange veggie/potato mixture around loaves and bake for approximately an hour, stirring halfway through.
- After an hour, check to see if the veggies are done. Add additional cooking time, if necessary.
Recipe makes 8 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1/4 BLUE, 1/3 YELLOW, 1/2 GREEN (per serving)
WW: Green- 7 points; Blue- 6 points; Purple- 4 points (per serving) – calculated using 95% lean ground beef
- Serving Size: 1/8 of meat, 1 cup of potato/veggie mixture
Keywords: meatloaf, beef, dinner, gluten-free