Real solutions are better than new year resolutions, because they’re realistic, reasonable, and reachable! Join the 2016 healthy living challenge here! Our goal is to get healthy and stay healthy as a way of living, not as a temporary fix.
Well, hello lovely readers! How was your holiday?
Was it yummy?
Did you eat 200 Christmas cookies? No way! So did I! What are the odds?
I ate at least a dozen coconut macaroon cookies. But I couldn’t stop there. I had to keep going! After I finished baking the macaroon cookies, I made gluten free chocolate chip cookies. How could I resist tasting a few?!
Oh. And cheese. I also ate cheese. A lot of cheese. #bluecontainershame
Needless to say, I am SO ready for my new challenge group to begin this January. With another round of visitors coming tomorrow, I see more eating in my future. And I conveniently threw out my back, so no workout for me. Getting older is awesome!
I’m praying to the Beachbody gods that my back heals in time.
Want to jump into the group and get started with us? Just comment below or message me for more info! I’d love to have you join us.
Let us kick off 2016 with a new, healthy start. I’ll help you turn your healthy living resolutions into real solutions that everyone can follow!
In addition to my new challenge group, I am excited to debut my new recipe format for this blog.
Ladies and gentleman (are there any gentleman here?) – My recipes are now PRINT FRIENDLY.
Check it out! Here is an old recipe from the archives that I have been dying to give a makeover to. It’s also one of the featured recipes in my newest Ebook in my Etsy Shop. Such an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
- 1lb of shrimp
- 2 large zucchinis, made into zoodles
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- crushed red pepper
- Spray pan with cooking spray and sauté shrimp until pink. Season with a few shakes of crushed red pepper.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside. Deglaze pan with chicken broth and juice from half a lemon. Add garlic and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add zoodles to pan, then top with tomatoes and shrimp. Cook on med heat for 2-3 minutes until noodles are warmed.
- Measure portions and serve with lemon wedges and an optional sprinkle of parm cheese.
- Check the time. Was that even 20 minutes?
1 GREEN, 1 RED, optional BLUE
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe