This recipe for crispy pan seared salmon is simple, yet sophisticated! Impress your friends and family by making this healthy meal for dinner tonight. They’ll NEVER believe how easy it was to whip up! Made with key ingredients like Butcher Box salmon fillets, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice, this salmon is simply irresistible.
4 salmon fillets about 4-6 ounces each, wild caught
cooking oil spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoons butter, vegan butter, or ghee
1–2 cloves of garlic, finely minced or grated
2 teaspoons lemon juice, plus extra lemon for serving
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat a large stainless steel skillet or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spray with cooking oil spray, then add your olive oil. Pat salmon dry, then season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- When your pan and oil is nice and hot, place the salmon fillets, skin side up and flesh side down, in the pan. Cook undisturbed for 5-6 minutes, or until a golden brown crust forms on your salmon.
- Carefully flip the salmon and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until fish is opaque and easily flakes.
- Remove the salmon from the pan. Lower the heat to medium low, add the butter to the pan and melt.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly and being very careful not to burn. Stir in the lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon back in the pan. Spoon the butter sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle the parsley over the salmon, then serve with lemon slices!
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1 1/2 TSP (per serving)
WW: Green – 7 points, Blue – 2 points, Purple – 2 points (per serving)
Keywords: Pan Seared Salmon, Healthy Salmon Recipe, Salmon Recipe, How to Cook Salmon in a Pan