This Turkey Quinoa Taco Bake is a family comfort food favorite, hidden veggies and all. Using precooked quinoa, store bought pico and canned tomato sauce, dinner will be on the table in no time!
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 2 1/2 cups of diced onion, tomato and peppers **you can use premade fresh salsa or 2 cans of Rotelle
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce (use homemade or no sugar added to count as a GREEN!)
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 1/3 cup of avocado
- 1 T of chili powder
- 2 tsp of cumin
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350. Sauté the garlic and turkey until the meat is no longer pink. Add spices and tomato mixture and simmer for few minutes.
- Next, add in the secret shredded zucchini. Again- simmer together for two minutes or so.
- Add cooked quinoa and sauce.
- Spray a casserole pan with cooking spray and add meat and quinoa mixture. Top with cheese and fresh cilantro.
- Bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly awesome. Portion into 4 servings and top with avocado
Makes 4 servings
21 Day Fix: 1 GREEN, 1 YELLOW, 1 BLUE, 1 RED (per serving)
WW: Purple- 4 points; Blue- 7 points; Green- 9 points (per serving) [Calculated using 99% Turkey and reduced fat cheese]
- Serving Size: 1/4 of pan