Easy Vegan Chocolate Pudding comes together in minutes! It has all the decadent, rich taste of traditional chocolate pudding but is vegan friendly and the kiddos love it too. Creamy, chocolatey, deliciousness in every bite. Prep this pudding ahead of time and you’ve got the perfect snack all week.
2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (arrowroot should also work, but I haven’t tested it)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 pinch salt
⅛ – ¼ tsp of cinnamon (optional)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups cold vanilla almond milk (unsweetened)
1 T of raw sugar or sugar of your choice
2–4 T of Dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
So Delicious CoCo Whip
- In a small saucepan combine the cornstarch, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, 3T of milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract, stirring to incorporate until it looks a bit like frosting.
- Place on medium heat and begin adding in almond milk ¼ cup at a time, stirring constantly to keep the mixture smooth. Add in 1 T of raw sugar, if desired, for extra sweetness.
- Continue to cook over medium heat and continue to stir until pudding is like a thick sauce. If you want to add in the optional chocolate chips, turn off heat and stir them in now. If the pudding thins out too much from the chocolate, just heat it again for a few minutes.
- Transfer the pudding into individual ramekins or into a bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Let cool and enjoy with cocowhip!
21 Day Fix Containers: ½ TSP (almond milk), 3 sweetener teaspoons (per serving)
If you use the chocolate chips, count it as 1/2 treat swap for 2T, and 1 treat swap for 4T of chocolate chips. If you add the 1T raw sugar, it will increase the sweetener tsp by 1/2 sweetener tsp
- Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Keywords: vegan pudding, vegan chocolate pudding, dairy free chocolate pudding, homemade chocolate pudding recipe