Crustless zucchini quiche is the perfect 21 Day Fix recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a light dinner! Fluffy eggs, 2 kinds of cheese, onion, and fresh garden zucchini are baked together in this healthy meal. This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
**New – Updated with Instant Pot directions!
I’m getting great feedback on my First Reader Survey! Thanks so much to all who took the time to weigh in…if you haven’t had a chance, click on the pic for the link! Many thanks from me…and Ryan.
Anyway…it’s back to business and I have a great recipe for you to try.
This crustless zucchini quiche would be a delicious addition to a weekend brunch, a fabulous make-ahead Meatless Monday dinner, or a yummy lunch to pack for the work week!
This is a remake of the Italian Zucchini Pie my grandma always made. You know, the one with the Crescent Roll Crust. #heaveninapieplate
My mom actually modified the recipe after reading a similar one on the back of a container of ricotta, and she made it for us the last time she was here. Honestly, it was SO darn delicious…I didn’t miss the crust one bit…and I would never lie about food :).
The farm stands around here still have a ton of zucchini. Take advantage and pick some up today!
For more Zucchini recipes, check out this awesome list of over 30 delicious recipes!
Here’s the crustless zucchini quiche recipe. Enjoy!
Crustless zucchini quiche is the perfect 21 Day Fix recipe for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a light dinner! Fluffy eggs, 2 kinds of cheese, onion, and fresh garden zucchini are baked together in this healthy meal.
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small container (15oz) of part skim ricotta
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon of butter flavored olive oil, regular olive oil, butter, or ghee
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- olive oil cooking spray
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté. When your pot is hot, add oil, butter or ghee and cook zucchini until it begins to soften.
- Add onions and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in seasoning and pepper to zucchini mixture. Turn Instant Pot off.
- In an Instant Pot safe casserole dish (affiliate link), beat eggs, then add in ricotta and mozzarella. Carefully fold in the zucchini and onions mixture.
- Rinse Instant Pot, then add in 1 cup of water and the Instant Pot trivet to the bottom of your pot. Carefully place the casserole dish on the trivet, or better yet, on a silicone sling (affiliate link) so you can lift it after cooktime.
- Lock lid and cook quiche for 30 minutes, then do a ten minute natural release, followed by a quick release.
- If desired, broil casserole on low to get a nice, crispy top before serving!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sautée zucchini in oil, butter or ghee until soft on low heat.
- Add onions and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until tender. Add seasoning and pepper to zucchini mixture.
- Beat eggs, then add in ricotta and mozzarella. Carefully fold in zucchini and onions.
- Spray a pie plate with cooking spray and fill with ingredients.
- Cook quiche until it sets – about 30 minutes, broiling for a few minutes at the end, if desired.
Makes 6 servings in my house (nobody likes a small piece) –
Each serving (1/6th of the quiche) is 1/2 RED, 1/3 GREEN, 1/2 BLUE 1/2 tsp
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, quiche, vegetarian, cheese, vegetables, gluten-free, low-carb, high protein