Crock Pot chili chicken is a healthy, hearty chicken chili that uses cauliflower instead of beans, giving it rich flavor and texture without the carbs!
Confession #62 – The year 2015 has been a lot of things for me. It is the year my daughter started kindergarten, the year I started this blog, and the year I became a stay at home mom.
It’s also, without a doubt, the year of cauliflower.
Do you measure your year in food?
I remember when my husband and I declared 2009 the year of black beans.
And last year was the year of zucchini (thanks to The Veggetti).
But 2015 will go down as the year that cauliflower became my new kitchen’s MVP (most valuable produce).
Are these normal thoughts?
At least we are not having the year of the Twinkie. I think I had a year of Twinkies in my twenties.
Damn, I miss my metabolism.
Anyway, I have been throwing cauliflower in all different types of dishes to get a little extra GREEN in our lives. Since beans are considered a YELLOW on the fix, I wanted to see how cauliflower would be with chili flavoring.
Freaking delicious is the answer. And, texture-wise, pretty similar to beans in this dish.
The end results was a slow cooker chili chicken of sorts. Something you could make into a burrito bowl, a taco, a wrap. So yummy and chock full of healthy vegetables. I loved having extra YELLOW so I could eat mine with some organic tortilla chips! I also topped mine with a sprinkle of corn, some shredded cheddar, fresh cilantro and guacamole.
What are your favorite chili toppings?
It’s cauliflower for the win. Again!
Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
A healthy, hearty chicken chili that uses cauliflower instead of beans, giving it rich flavor and texture without the carbs!
7 hr, 5
- 1 small head of cauliflower florets, diced up small
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28-ounce can organic tomato puree
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- fresh cilantro
- Toppings of your choice: cheese, more cilantro, greens, beans, guacamole, Greek yogurt, olives, corn tortilla chips
- Add everything except the garnishes and toppings to Crock Pot and stir to combine.
- Cook on lowest setting for 6-8 hours.Shred chicken and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Add fresh cilantro and toppings of choice, and enjoy!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Yield: 4 servings Each 1 1/2 cup serving would be 2 GREEN 1 RED plus toppings