Confession #77 – The warm weather has been here for all of a day, and I am already in flip flops.
And dreaming of a cocktail. And some apps.
What time is it, anyway?
And that reminds me…it’s funny how hard it is to eat healthy when it’s nice out. I mean, you would think shedding layers of clothes would make you think twice about lingering at the app table, having some extra drinks, or stopping for ice cream . But it’s almost the opposite, and with endless parties, happy hours, and vacations, the temptations are ever present when the temperature rises!
It’s not just me, right?
Anyway, for those of you who are also enjoying great weather, here is a simple and fun FIX appetizer for your last minute get together this weekend. You literally need only two ingredients and about ten minutes for this one, so go ahead and invite your BFF over. I love using Aidells’ brand sausage because not only are they delicious and fully cooked, they clearly mark their products as gluten free with no added hormones.
And there are no yellows used here, so enjoy that cocktail!
- 1 package of a sweet, fully cooked chicken sausage (I LOVE Aidells’ brand)
- diced pineapple
- toothpicks or mini skewers
- Slice sausage into rounds, then brown on medium heat. Let cool a minute before handling.
- Thread pineapple on skewer/toothpick first and then add a slice of sausage to the bottom.
1/2 RED 1/2 PURPLE
- Serving Size: 4 skewers for an appitizer