Meet my latest obsession.
This is serious, you guys.
I mean, I have always been obsessed with strawberry rhubarb pie, but knowing it’s not the healthiest option, it’s not something I eat everyday.
But this. This. This I might be eating everyday until the rest of the rhubarb runs out.
That will be one very sad day, by the way.
Not only is this incredibly delicious with the sweet/tart combination of fresh strawberries and rhubarb, it’s topped with an almond flour crumble that is refined sugar free, gluten free, and low carb. In fact, there isn’t a yellow container to be had in this dessert, my friends. It’s all purple, green, and blue.
My kids and husband gobbled it up after dinner last night and I was
kind of bummed I told them about it really happy they loved it, too.
This would be super easy to double for a crowd or for leftovers. I chose to make this in my mini pie plates for portion control, because I really would eat the whole thing otherwise!
Let me know what you think if you try it!Print
- 1 cup fresh rhubarb, diced
- 2 cups of strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sprinkle of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss rhubarb and berries with 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- Divide mixture between 4 small baking ramekins or one medium baking dish.
- Toss almond flour with 1 tablespoon maple syrup, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Divide the topping over the berries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until berries are bubbling and topping is golden.
1/2 PURPLE 1/4 GREEN 1/2 BLUE
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe