This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with. Thank you for your support!
Confession #106 – I usually leave the chili making to my husband. It’s kind of his thing.
And, to be honest, he is getting pretty good at it.
Although this wasn’t always the case.
There is a long standing annual Chili Cook-off that happens in our circle of friends for Superbowl Sunday…it’s been going on even long before we met…and rumor has it that one year, my husband used hot dogs in his chili.
For a chili contest.
Anyway, he has come a long way since then and he has even won the cook off a few times.
I’m not even sure my husband realized it was the same meal as we have had so many times before.
If fact, he said…for the first time ever…I think you need to enter this into the Chili Cook-Off this year.
I’m telling you. My love for the Instant Pot grows by the day.Print
- 1 cup of carrots, peeled and sliced into half-moons
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 of an onion, diced
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground chicken
- 1 (28 oz)can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- cooking spray
- Coat your Instant Pot with cooking spray. Set to Saute and brown ground chicken until cooked through. Add in onions and cook for a few minutes to release flavors. Add in the rest of your veggies and stir. Set to keep warm.
- Pour tomatoes in a blender and pulse a few times so the texture is more like a chunky tomato juice. Add 2-4 cups of the tomato (less leads to a thicker chili…I used all 4 cups and loved it) to the Instant Pot, along with chili powder and hot sauce.
- Set to normal pressure with a cook time of 20-25 minutes. I did 25 minutes and the veggies were very soft, so go closer to 20 if you want your veggies more firm. It took about ten minutes for my pot to come to pressure.
- Meanwhile, mix the blue cheese crumbles with the Greek yogurt for the topping.
- When the cook time is up, carefully switch to quick release. Taste and adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve with the blue cheese yogurt on top!
1 RED, 1 GREEN per serving. Be sure to count 1/4 BLUE for the blue cheese topping
Weight Watcher Freestyle Points – 8 points per bowl WITH topping
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Keywords: chili, soup, gluten-free, paleo, whole 30, instant pot, mexican, chicken
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at email@example.com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!