This Instant Pot Beanless Beef Chili is perfect for 21 Day Fixers and all my Whole 30/Paleo friends, too! And while it’s easy to adapt to the stove top, it so simple and quick in the Instant Pot(affiliate link)…perfect for a busy weeknight!
I seriously could eat this Beanless Beef Chili every week.
And I just might.
Despite the fact that it’s April, it’s cold and rainy here today…and while I would normally be posting a recipe for the grill at this point in the year, right now, all I can think about is warm and cozy comfort food.
I made this Chili for us during the March Blizzard we had here in PA…right around that time I decided to do a trial of no dairy and no grains for awhile. Basically a strict Paleo diet, but using the FIX for portion control.
We’ve been gluten free for some time now, but I have been feeling extra bloated lately. It’s frustrating when you workout almost daily, but your pants still feel tight. My eating wasn’t that great, in all honesty, and I was craving more junky foods and carbs than usual.
So it was time for a little change.
Not only is this chili dairy free, gluten free, and grain free, it also bean free, as most who follow a Paleo approach to eating avoid beans due to lectin content, carbs, and how difficult they are for some to digest. I didn’t know how my husband would feel about a beanless Chili…but he was totally down.
You honestly don’t even miss them with all the hearty veggies and delicious ground beef.
And not only was it husband approved, my toddler kept asking for more! Win!
After several weeks of Paleo eating, I definitely felt less bloated and even lost a few pounds! My sugar and carb craving was also dramatically reduced.
And then my husband and I had an improptu date night with pizza, wine, and chocolate cake…and I realized I could never commit to a full time Paleo life.
But part time. Part-time Paleo is perfect .
What do you think? Have you tried Paleo eating? Is anyone else interested in some more Paleo friendly recipes? Let me know – I love hearing from you!
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups carrots,peeled and diced
- 1 cup of bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups of zucchini, cut into half moons
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 15-ounce can tomato puree or tomato sauce
- 2 small cans of tomatoes with green chilies
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute and brown beef until beef is thoroughly cooked, adding garlic for the last minute. Drain excess fat, set aside.
- Add oil, onions, celery, carrots, peppers, and seasonings to the Pot and saute until onions are translucent. Add zucchini, cooked beef, tomatoes, and sauce to the pot and stir.
- Cover IP and be sure valve is set to sealing. Set to manual and cook for 20 minutes. After cook time, switch to venting for quick release.
- Top chili with cilantro and avocado, if desired!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 RED, 1 1/2 GREEN, 1/2 tsp (if you top with avocado, use your BLUE to measure)