Flank steak, cooked on the grill, topped with fresh arugula and shaved Parmesan cheese. A 21 Day Fix recipe that everyone will love to eat!
Confession #40- I’m typing this post with one hand, while pushing my littlest outside in his car with the other.
I’m in my pjs. It’s not even 7 o’clock.
In all of my fantasies of starting a food blog (which I had for years), I saw myself in a cute home office, drinking coffee, and writing my posts without interruption. Daily.
I’m so funny in my fantasies.
I should also mention that my oldest is still sleeping, snug in her bed…that lucky girl.
She spoiled me. Not this one. We have been up since 5.
Good thing he is cute!
Anyway, we are leaving for vacation this week, so I really wanted to get another recipe on here before we left. So in the way of many multitasking mommas, I’m finding minutes to make that happen.
This flank steak recipe is perfect for summer- fresh, delicious, and made on the grill. I love the combination of flank steak with arugula and a little cheese. I chose shaved Parmesan for this, but feta or blue would also be outstanding!
I hope you enjoy this flank steak dinner!
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan
- Freshly ground pepper
- Himalayan or Sea Salt
- Whisk together the vinegar and oil. Add the garlic to the mixture. Place the steak in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the top. Let it sit at room temp for 10 minutes.
- Heat grill. Remove the steak from the marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill the steak about 2-4 minutes each side for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of the steak. Remove to a cutting board and slice against the grain.
- Divide arugula on two plates and add tomatoes and onions. Top with steak and shredded tomatoes. Add 21 Day Fix Approved Balsamic dressing, or just splash on a bit of vinegar and oil.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
Makes 2 servings - each = 2 GREEN, 1 RED, 1/2 BLUE, 2 TSP, and if dressing is used, 1 ORANGE
Need help meal planning for the 21 Day Fix? Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes! I also do custom meal planning on request! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com – I’d love to help!