Confession #54- I dropped my little girl off for her first day of Kindergarten last week. I was sobbing so hard when she got out of the car, I could barely say goodbye, I didn’t get a picture, and I drove only a minute before pulling over because I couldn’t see through my tears.
My mom was with me, and when I stopped the car, she walked to a nearby farm stand and bought me fresh veggies, flowers, and fruit like the good momma she is.
That afternoon when my youngest was napping, my house felt so still. So quiet. I missed the noise.
And so I distracted myself the best way I know how. I opened the bag of fresh peaches from my mom and went to work on a pizza I’ve been dreaming about trying.
This pizza was perfect – bright and happy, like my sweet girl. But comforting, too, which was just what I needed. And although I ate the whole thing alone, this would make an amazing flat bread/bruschetta type appetizer for your next party.
I finished my last bite and, before I knew it, my little guy was up, bouncing around the crib, yelling for his momma. And then it was time to wait at the bus stop. Which, I have to admit, is actually really fun and one of the highlights of my day now.
I know you are here for the recipe, but in case anyone cares, on day two I made it through the drop off and all the way home without any tears.
And I knew exactly what to have for lunch 🙂
21 Day Fix Flatout Pizza with Peaches, Goat Cheese, and Arugula
serves 1 lonely momma
1 Flatout Wrap
2.5 T of goat cheese (I used honey goat cheese. To die for!)
1 peach, sliced
1/4 red onion, sliced
1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar – I used my Sicilian Lemon from the Bodacious Olive
1/4 cup of arugula
- Preheat your oven to 375
- Marinate the onion and peaches in the balsamic vinegar
- Spray your Flatout crust with olive oil spray and sprinkle it with some Himalayan salt. I also cut mine into triangles before baking to feel more like a bruschetta.
- Bake the crust for 4 minutes or until it begins to crisp
- Spread the goat cheese on the crust first, then top with peaches and onions. I didn’t drizzle any of the balsamic on with it, but you certainly could!
- Bake for another 4 minutes or so, until crust is golden and cheese warms through.
- Remove from the oven and top with arugula. Enjoy!
1 pizza equals 1 ? 1/2 ? 1? (Or less! Measure to be sure) 1/4 ?