This 21 Day Fix Italian Wedding Soup comes together so quickly using my gluten-free Make Ahead Meatballs,but it tastes so special, you could serve it on a holiday or for company. Easy directions for the Instant Pot, Crock Pot, or Stove Top!
Have you made my meatballs yet?
I know. It hasn’t even been 24 hours.
But you really should get on it.
Rainy days like today are perfect for a hot bowl of soup. And my Make Ahead Meatballs scream Italian Wedding Soup.
My husband LOVES this soup…and reminds me all the time that we could sell it. I barely have time to shower, but apparently I should be selling soup!
Anyway, I love it because it feels fancy and special, but it comes together with basic ingredients I usually have at home.
I just make or defrost a batch of my Make Ahead Meatballs, the sauté carrots and onions in a tsp of olive oil, then add homemade or organic chicken stock and bring to a simmer. You can do this in your Instant Pot or Stove Top. And it works in a Crock Pot, too, if that’s your thing.
After veggies are soft, add in the meatballs and spinach (or escarole for the one person who happens to have it in their house) and it I cook until spinach wilts and meatballs warm up.
Then I throw some good Parmesan cheese on top and even add a YELLOW of little pasta if I am in the mood and dinner is served! When I make it in the Instant Pot, I cook the pasta right in the broth. Couldn’t be easier!
Want more recipes? Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Mini Meatballs
- 4 cups of chicken stock or broth (5 for Instant Pot)
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Gluten Free Elbow Pasta (optional)
- Stove top: In a large saucepan, saute onions and carrots with 1 tsp olive oil until onions are translucent. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add meatballs and spinach and cook until spinach wilts and meatballs warm up. While it's cooking, make some elbow pasta. Throw on some Parmesan cheese. Add some pasta using your yellow container to measure(or not) and enjoy a quick and easy dinner!
- Crock Pot: In a large saucepan, saute onions and carrots with 1 tsp olive oil until onions are translucent. Add to crock pot, along with chicken stock, meatballs and spinach. Set on low 4-6 hours. While it's cooking, make some elbow pasta. Throw on some Parmesan cheese. Add some pasta using your yellow container to measure(or not) and enjoy a quick and easy dinner!
- Instant Pot: Set Instant Pot to saute and let it heat up. Add 1 tsp olive oil, onions and carrots and saute for a couple of minutes. Add chicken stock, meatballs (can be cold or even partially frozen) and 2 cups of pasta if using. Check your box of pasta and cut the cook time in half, then subtract two minutes - THIS is how long you should set your IP for. Use the manual setting. After cook time is through, do a quick release. Open your IP when it's unlocked and add in spinach. Stir until it wilts. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow (if using pasta), measure Parmesan cheese with your BLUE