These 21 Day Fix Make Ahead Meatballs are perfect to prep ahead of time and use in sauces, soups, wraps or on a pizza! They are freezer friendly, so I highly recommend making a double batch.
There are lots of 21 Day Fix meatball recipes on Pinterest.
But this girl…I’m kind of a meatball snob.
And, I’m sorry, but dry mustard just doesn’t belong in an Italian meatball.
I’ve got to get my grandma’s meatballs on here, but I know a lot of you like poultry based meatballs and my go-to turkey (or chicken) meatball recipe is inspired by the Barefoot Contessa’s mini meatballs. She rocks, but her recipes aren’t exactly 21 Day Fix approved.
Make Ahead Meatballs
- 1/2 cup fresh gluten free or other whole grain bread crumbs (throw a slice in your blender and pulse)
- 3/4 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 lb chicken or turkey sausage I used Spicy Italian, removed from casing
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/3 cup Parmesan/Romano cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add the first 8 ingredients into a mixing bowl. Beat egg and add it in.
- Very gently, and this is key with ground chicken/turkey, mix just enough to combine ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with olive oil spray
- Drop small spoons of the meat mixture onto the baking sheet. You do not need to roll or shape them...they won't look perfect, but the less you handle them, the better!
- Give them another spray of olive oil. Cook for 30 mins or until golden brown. I usually flip mine half way.