Baked lemon garlic chicken is a quick, easy, and healthy dinner. The secret to the juiciness and flavor of this delicious baked chicken recipe is in the marinade.
Confession #64 – I am on day one of the 3 Day Fix in an attempt to detox from the last two weeks of holiday celebrating.
And I’m actually not even hungry. Or hangry.
I am seriously shocked. I’m crossing my fingers it stays that way. I am all for cleaning up my diet and I am truly over cookies right now (for about the next 5 minutes, anyway)…but I can’t deal with crankiness due to food. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
Anyway, my mouth is watering a bit for this chicken dish I made last month. Yes, I am that behind on posting.
But this one, people, was worth the wait.
I used chicken thighs, which are technically NOT on the 21 Day Fix food list. But they are healthy and lean, so I eat them sometimes and count them as a RED and a tsp.
This recipe is super easy, and the marinade would be awesome with boneless breasts or even fish if you prefer! But you should give boneless thighs a try if you haven’t. Yummy, yummy. And perfect for those of you who overcook your chicken breasts.
You know who you are. 🙂
Serving Size: 1 RED of chicken
- 1 1/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or other lean protein)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (about ½ lemon)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients except the chicken and stir together. Place chicken thighs into a Ziplock bag, pour the marinade over and mix around until all the chicken is coated. Seal the bag and marinate for a few minutes (or up to a day, in the fridge).
- Pour the chicken and the marinade into an oven safe dish and arrange so chicken is in a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- If you want a darker top, broil on high for a minute before removing from oven. I did this - yum!
- Let the chicken rest, covered with foil, for 10 minutes or so. Serve with the pan juices and some lemon slices.
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 RED, 2 tsp
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me to join my current challenge group for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women!