Baked lemon garlic chicken is a quick, easy, and healthy dinner. The secret to the juiciness and flavor of this delicious baked chicken recipe is in the marinade.
Confession #64 – I am on day one of the 3 Day Fix in an attempt to detox from the last two weeks of holiday celebrating.
And I’m actually not even hungry. Or hangry.
I am seriously shocked. I’m crossing my fingers it stays that way. I am all for cleaning up my diet and I am truly over cookies right now (for about the next 5 minutes, anyway)…but I can’t deal with crankiness due to food. #aintnobodygottimeforthat
Anyway, my mouth is watering a bit for this chicken dish I made last month. Yes, I am that behind on posting.
But this one, people, was worth the wait.
I used chicken thighs, which are technically NOT on the 21 Day Fix food list. But they are healthy and lean, so we eat them all the time!
This recipe is super easy, and the marinade would be awesome with boneless breasts or even fish if you prefer! But you should give boneless thighs a try if you haven’t. Yummy, yummy. And perfect for those of you who overcook your chicken breasts.
You know who you are. 🙂
Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (or other lean protein)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest about ½ lemon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes or more if you like it spicy
- ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients except the chicken and stir together. Place chicken thighs into a Ziplock bag, pour the marinade over and mix around until all the chicken is coated. Seal the bag and marinate for a few minutes (or up to a day, in the fridge).
- Pour the chicken and the marinade into an oven safe dish and arrange so chicken is in a single layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- If you want a darker top, broil on high for a minute before removing from oven. I did this - yum!
- Let the chicken rest, covered with foil, for 10 minutes or so. Serve with the pan juices and some lemon slices.
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me to join my current challenge group for daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women!