This 21 Day Fix Sausage and Pepper Soup is quick, easy, low carb and so darn delicious!
Confession #66 – I used to think calling in sick as a teacher was one of the most difficult aspects of the job. Not that I got sick much, but it was always easier just to suck it up and go to work rather than creating sub plans at 5am.
But now that I am home, I realize it is downright impossible to be sick as a stay at home mom.
Fever? Sore throat? Cough?
Nobody cares. Get out of bed, because there is no sub service to call today, momma.
Once again, suck it up.
So that’s what’s been happening here. How’s everything with you? Have you managed to escape the January germfest?
Besides drinking loads of tea and Shakeology, I have been making soups nearly every day to cope with this lingering cold. Even if you are feeling great, there is something so perfect about coming home to a nice warm bowl of soup. And when my dinner plan was sausage and peppers, I knew what I had to do.
Make this soup. Seriously, people. Have I steered you wrong yet? Not only is it super delicious, it was SO easy and ready in 30 minutes or less.
Serving Size: approx 1 1/2 cups
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb of spicy Italian turkey sausage (or sub sweet)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (14oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of low sodium organic chicken broth or stock
- fresh basil (you can sub dried)
- Parmesan cheese for topping, if desired
- Spray a large pot with olive oil spray and sautee onions and peppers over medium-low heat until tender - about ten minutes
- Add garlic and sautee for another minute or two
- Add turkey sausage without the casing to the pan and cook through
- Once turkey is cooked, add in tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower to a simmer.
- Add fresh basil just before serving and top with Parmesan cheese, if desired!
21 Day Fix Container Count:
1 RED 1 GREEN (measure blue if adding Parmesean)