Confession #72 – I’ve been craving meat like nobody’s business.
Not chocolate, cheese…or even peanut butter.
I think it’s my new workout regime – 22 Minute Hard Corps. Holy cardio. Do burpees make you want burgers? Or is it just me?
Anyway, it was pizza night at my house on Friday and I really just wanted beef. And bacon. And more beef.
So what’s a hungry girl to do but make a Bacon Cheeseburger Flatout Pizza? Am I right?
I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this new workout plan, but if it keeps inspiring dinners like this, it might be my favorite one so far!
Give this a try on your next Flatout Friday and let me know what you think!
- 1/3 cup of lean grass fed ground beef
- 1/4 cup of diced mushrooms
- 2 slices of all natural, nitrate free turkey bacon (I LOVE Applegate)
- 1 T diced red onion
- 1/4 cup of diced tomato
- 1/2 cup of baby arugula
- 2 T of homemade or no sugar added tomato sauce
- 2.5 T of shredded cheddar or your choice of cheese
- 1 Flatout (or similar brand) Wrap
- olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Dice turkey bacon and sautee in a small nonstick pan. Remove when crisp.
- Spray some olive oil spray into the pan, then sautee the mushrooms until slightly brown. Then add the beef and cook through.
- Spray Flatout Pizza with olive oil spray and bake for two minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven and spread the tomato sauce on top.
- Next, add the beef and mushroom mixture.
- Top with tomatoes, red onion, and bacon.
- Finally, add cheese and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes or until crust is crispy and cheese melts.
- Cut into slices, top with baby arugula, and enjoy!
1 YELLOW, 1 GREEN, 1 RED, 1/2 BLUE