A fun twist on a bacon cheeseburger… deconstructed on a pizza! It has all the best parts of the classic, with some healthy swaps and added veggies to stay on track!
Confession #72 – I’ve been craving meat like nobody’s business.
Not chocolate, cheese…or even peanut butter.
I think it’s my new workout regime – 22 Minute Hard Corps. Holy cardio. Do burpees make you want burgers? Or is it just me?
Anyway, it was pizza night at my house on Friday and I really just wanted beef. And bacon. And more beef.
So what’s a hungry girl to do but make a Bacon Cheeseburger Flatout Pizza? Am I right?
I wasn’t sure how I was going to like this new workout plan, but if it keeps inspiring dinners like this, it might be my favorite one so far!
Give this a try on your next Flatout Friday and let me know what you think!
21 Day Fix Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1/3 cup lean grass fed ground beef
- 1/4 cup diced mushrooms
- 2 slices all natural nitrate free turkey bacon (I LOVE Applegate)
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons homemade or no sugar added tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons shredded cheddar or your choice of cheese
- 1 Flatout or similar brand Wrap
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Dice turkey bacon and sautee in a small nonstick pan. Remove when crisp.
- Spray some olive oil spray into the pan, then sautee the mushrooms until slightly brown. Then add the beef and cook through.
- Spray Flatout Pizza with olive oil spray and bake for two minutes.
- Remove crust from the oven and spread the tomato sauce on top.
- Next, add the beef and mushroom mixture.
- Top with tomatoes, red onion, and bacon.
- Finally, add cheese and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes or until crust is crispy and cheese melts.
- Cut into slices, top with baby arugula, and enjoy!