This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Asian Pork Tenderloin is one of our new favorites – a fast, easy, and delicious dinner that’s FIX approved, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly. This post contains affiliate links for products I am obsessed with.
Confession #142 – I have a giant backlog of recipes to share with you and this post was NOT planned at all.
But you guys. Omg. It’s so good, I had to.
I didn’t even do a photoshoot because it was the first time I was recipe testing this particular combination and lately I’ve been testing new recipes first and then scheduling a session to photograph the recipe in process.
Can I tell you something? I kind of miss the early days of making something yummy for dinner, snapping a quick picture, and then sharing it with you in practically real time.
Those old photos, though, haunt me.
I know I say this a lot, but I am so thankful for all of you who have been forgiving of my photography – old and new – because, let’s face it, even my newer stuff isn’t half as beautiful as I wish it was. One day, when my kiddos are both in school full time, I am going to kill it with photography.
Until then, though, I will do my best.
And when a meal is as delicious as this Asian Pork Tenderloin and I know my recipe output is moving slower than I want it to be, I am just going to share it. Are you cool with that?
This has been on my list to try for awhile (again – backlog), but one of my readers beat me to it…and she messaged me and told me to make it asap.
Robin C, you are spot on with this one. So damn delicious and I still can’t believe how easy it is to cook a pork tenderloin this fantastically perfect in the Instant Pot.
I served this Asian Pork Tenderloin over some of my favorite Brown Rice Ramen Noodles and some green beans, but the options for sides and veggie pairings are endless. If you want to steam your veggies in the Instant Pot, you can make them in a steam basket or in the sauce itself while the pork is resting. Just set it to zero or one minute (depending on the kind of veggies you use) and you are good!
I am going to be experimenting with a pulled version of these flavors for a Asian inspired pork taco in the future, so be sure you come back soon (aaaaaaand…my recipe list just got longer, lol).
This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Asian Pork Tenderloin is one of our new favorites – a fast, easy, and delicious dinner that’s FIX approved, gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo friendly.
- 1 (1.5 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of coconut aminos
- 1 T tomato paste
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 T finely chopped ginger
- a dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp rice flour (sub arrowroot or tapioca for paleo)
- Mix together honey, coconut aminos, tomato paste and 1 tsp of coconut oil and whisk well. *If using an 8 quart instant pot, add 1/3 cup of water to this mixture.
- Set Instant Pot to saute. When it’s displays the word hot, add 1 tsp of coconut oil to the bottom of the pan. Saute pork tenderloin on all sides until it gets to a nice golden brown, then sprinkle thoroughly with salt.
- Add an additional tsp of coconut oil to the pan along with garlic and ginger and cook for a minute or until fragrant. Turn Instant Pot off and stir in sauce.
- Place and lock lid on the IP, and set to manual/high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When cook time is up, natural pressure release for 6 minutes, then switch to quick release.
- Remove pork from Instant Pot and let it rest for at least 3-5 minutes while you thicken the sauce. Switch pot to saute and remove 1/2 cup of the sauce from the pot and add flour to thicken. Pour the slurry back into the Instant Pot. Keep stirring until the sauce thickens, usually 1-2 minutes. Add crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Slice pork and serve over brown rice ramen, brown rice, noodles, or noodles. Add veggies and top with sauce.
This makes 4 servings – 1 RED and 1/2tsp each, plus sides!
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup of pork, or 1/4 of the tenderloin
Keywords: dinner, pork, pork tenderloin, instant pot, asian, dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free