These 21 Day Fix Carnitas are healthy, easy to make in your Instant Pot or Crock Pot, and oh so delicious! Use them in your favorite burrito bowl, as a taco filling or in a salad! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
I’ve already talked about my obsession with Chipotle.
And my absolute favorite thing to add to my burrito bowl are the pork carnitas.
Holy heaven in a bowl.
You’ve tried pork carnitas, right? Please tell me you have. I need to discuss this with people who get it.
Crock Pot Pork Carnitas recipe is here:Print
- 2–3lb pork shoulder, fat trimmed off (2 lbs for Instant Pot)
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- optional – 1-2 tsp of chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce
- Salt-free adobo spice mix:
- 1tbsp garlic powder
- 1tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Crock Pot:Trim all the fat off of the pork. This will keep it 21DF approved.
- Using the olive oil, brown the pork on all sides over high heat in a large pot. Do not skip this step (or else!).Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let it cool a bit. Once you can touch it without burning your fingers off, stab the meat with a sharp knife, making little slits. Stuff these slits with the sliced garlic.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork and put that bad boy in your crock pot. Pour the chicken broth in the bottom of the pot and turn on low. Cook for 10 hours, shred, and enjoy!
- Pressure Cooker: Trim all the fat off of the pork. This will keep it 21DF approved. Turn your Instant Pot to saute and add olive oil to the bottom once it’s hot. Brown the pork on all sides for about ten minutes. Do not skip this step (or else!).Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let it cool a bit.Once you can touch it without burning your fingers off, stab the meat with a sharp knife, making little slits. Stuff these slits with the sliced garlic.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork and put that bad boy in your Instant Pot. Pour the chicken broth in the bottom of the pot and set on manual for 30 minutes (high pressure). After cook time it up, let the steam release naturally for 15 minutes, then switch to venting to release any additional steam. Shred meat and enjoy!
21 Day Fix: 1 RED, 1 tsp
WW Freestyle: 6 points per 4 oz of pork
Keywords: slow cooker, instant pot, pork, carnitas, meal prep, high protein, gluten-free, grain-free, low-carb, dinner, lunch
Are you doing a round of the 21 Day Fix? Don’t do it alone – let me coach you! Contact me at trueconfessionsofafitfoodie AT gmail DOT com to join my current challenge group. The group offers daily motivation, recipe ideas, and the support of over 200 women. Check out my Etsy Shop for 21 Day Fix eBooks with full grocery lists, prep tips, and easy to follow recipes!