This Healthy Edible Cookie Dough recipe is a protein and fiber packed treat that is so delicious, nobody will ever guess that it’s flourless, vegan, and made with beans! This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
This post was originally published on Jul 1, 2015, but is being republished with new pretty photos and some new info!
Confession # 39 – I’ve been dipping into this edible cookie dough all day.
Can you blame me?
And while it’s definitely a “treat” on the 21 Day Fix, this edible cookie dough recipe just so darn healthy, I might even have some more.
Yup. You heard me. It’s healthy. Extremely, actually, for a treat.
And this edible cookie dough is made without flour, without eggs, and without any refined sugars.
It’s made from…
wait for it…
Chickpeas! Yup – this Edible Cookie Dough Dip is made from Chickpeas!
Before you run screaming, hear me out! Magical things happen when you blend chickpeas with nut butter and some sweetener…it honestly tastes like cookie dough!
In fact, this dip is so delicious, you’d never know it was made with beans at all. And if I were you, I wouldn’t tell anyone and make all those people in your house eat chickpeas for dessert.
Ingredients needed for this Healthy Edible Cookie Dough
- 1 cup of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup of nut butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons of almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 21 Day Fix-approved sweetener of your choice- I used 1-2 T of pure maple syrup and 10 drops of liquid stevia,but you could sub raw sugar, coconut sugar, or honey (if you aren’t vegan)
- a sprinkle of salt
- 1/4 -1/2 cup chocolate chips
How to make this Healthy Edible Cookie Dough Recipe
It’s really simple to make this cookie dough dip – just place all the ingredients besides your chocolate chips into your food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, you can click the link to see which one I have. I highly recommend getting one and I literally have been using mine several times a week since get got it over a decade ago for our wedding.
Do I have to peel my chickpeas first?
Here’s the deal. I don’t peel chickpeas. Like ever. And I think this Cookie Dough is freaking delicious anyway.
Put if you have the time…and the patience, you can give your chickpeas a little squeeze and pop the skin off before adding them to the food processor. I just have neither, lol.
How do you eat this Healthy Cookie Dough Dip?
- I love using this cookie dough as a dip for apples, strawberries – oh or pretzels…and it makes an awesome party dip or afternoon snack for the kiddos because of this.
- My kids will also eat it on gluten free animal crackers
- You can top it on your yogurt or banana ice cream or freeze it to make cookie dough bars
- I am also guilty of eating it with a spoon the way cookie dough was meant to be eaten, amirite?
Why is this 21 Day Fix Cookie Dough Considered a Treat Swap?
Since this cookie dough dip has chocolate chips, it is considered a treat swap on the 21 Day Fix. A treat swap is a yellow container that you can have up to three times a week on the 21 Day Fix and most often treat swaps are desserts or wine at my house. Most of my desserts on the blog, however, are not treat swaps because, well, I hoard all my yellows. But because of the chocolate chips, this one is.
To me, though, it’s worth it!
Is this Healthy Edible Cookie Dough Vegan and Gluten Free?
This Healthy Edible Cookie Dough recipe is a protein and fiber packed treat that is so delicious, nobody will ever guess that it’s flourless, vegan, and made with beans!
- 1 cup of chick peas, rinsed and drained (and if you wanna, you can peel them, but I don’t)
- 1/3 cup of nut butter
- 2 –3 tablespoons of almond or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 21 Day Fix-approved sweetener of your choice- I used 1-2 T of pure maple syrup and 10 drops of liquid stevia,but you could sub raw sugar, coconut sugar, or honey (if you aren’t vegan). If you don’t have stevia, just increase the amount of your other sweetener to taste
- A sprinkle of salt – I do 1/4 tsp because I love salty/sweet and I even sprinkle a little extra salt on top
- 1/4 –1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients besides chocolate chips in your food processor and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust sweetener as needed.
- Carefully stir in chips and place in the fridge to chill.
- Serve with fruit or eat with a spoon.
Serving size – 1/4 of recipe
21 Day Fix: 1 YELLOW treat swap per serving
WW: Green – 10 points, Blue – 9 points, Purple – 9 points (per serving) [Calculated using almond butter, almond milk, 1T maple syrup, 10 drops stevia, 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips]
- Serving Size: 1/4 of dip
Keywords: snack, treat, dessert, cookie dip, beans, gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, chocolate, cookie dough dip, low-fat, high protein