This 21 Day Fix Loaded Potato and Cauliflower Soup is a low carb version of my favorite – but nobody in my house can tell! Perfect for a cold day and made even easier in the Instant Pot. This post contains affiliate links for products I’m obsessed with.
I almost waited another week to share this one…
I know, I know.
Another soup recipe.
Am I boring you? I sure hope not.
After this one, I will change it up a bit. I promise.
Until then, my fellow soup lovers – rejoice! A creamy and delicious fix approved potato soup to get you through the last of the winter weeks ahead.
This recipe is adapted from Clean Eating Magazine and I was super excited (I swear, no pun) with how it came out. I have been searching for a loaded potato soup that is dairy free and gluten free and this one is both, but you would never know it. If you are a regular reader you know my son is on a restricted diet, but he loves soup and I hate making things I can’t share with him.
Despite the fact that this is chock full of healthy cauliflower and has a slightly greenish tint from the leeks, my son ate it right up and it was a hit with everyone else, too. I kept his dairy free, but my husband and I topped ours with shredded cheddar, turkey bacon, and scallions.
Oh my word.
You could even add some cheese right to into the pot itself if you wanted and melt it into the soup. Just be sure to calculate it for the FIX.
This recipe is now updated for the Instant Pot! Woohoo!
Loaded Potato and Cauliflower Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 tsp butter or 2 tsp of oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks I used more white than green to keep the soup white
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 4 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper plus additional to taste
- 12 slices all-natural, nitrite-free turkey bacon cooked and diced
- 1 cup Shredded cheddar cheese omit for dairy free
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-low. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add potato, cauliflower, broth, and pepper and increase heat to bring to a boil; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until potatoes and cauliflower are very tender. Remove from heat.
- With an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth.(Alternatively, you can use a regular blender and puree in batches...just be really careful).
- Add coconut milk if desired. Place pot on low and season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, or add water to thin, if necessary.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with 2 1/2 Tbsp of cheese, 2 slices of crumbled turkey bacon and scallions. Enjoy!
- Set IP to saute and spray with cooking oil spray. Brown diced bacon, then remove from pot.
- Add in olive oil and butter, then saute the leeks and garlic. Add in cauliflower, potatoes, salt and stock. Set IP for 10 minutes.
- After cook time is over, do a quick release. Use an immersion blender to puree soup. (Alternatively, you can use a regular blender and puree in batches...just be really careful).
- Stir in coconut milk, if desired, then top each bowl with 2 Tbsp cheese, 2 slices of bacon, and whatever herbs you want!