Crock Pot chicken tortilla soup is loaded with flavor! It’s the perfect 21 Day Fix dinner to come home to because it cooks itself and your house will smell amazing! Place the ingredients into the Crock and let the magic happen.
- 1 1/4 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3–4 Breasts)
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 cup black beans (no salt added), drained & rinsed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups of organic, low sodium chicken broth or stock
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- organic corn tortillas
- olive oil cooking spray
- Himalayan salt
Optional toppings – avocado, cheese, lime, Greek yogurt, cilantro
- Toss all the ingredients for the soup into your crock pot. Stir, turn on low, and go about your day. Check back in 6-8 hours.
- Before serving, shred the chicken.
To make homemade tortilla strips:
- Preheat your oven to 350 and cut the corn tortillas into strips. Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with Himalayan salt. Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy with toppings!
Serving Size (1.5 cups) = 1/2 RED 1/2 GREEN 1/2 YELLOW
Don’t forget to count the toppings!
Keywords: soup, chicken, tortilla, mexican, gluten-free, dairy-free, high protein